Physical activity is any activity that moves your body and increases the amount of energy you use. Regular activity makes you stronger, improves your balance and helps prevent falls.
- Ask your doctor or health care provider about the best type of exercise program for you.
- Do at least 30 minutes of activity every day. You can break this into three sessions that last 10 minutes if needed.
- Try all three kinds of physical activity:
- Strength and balance exercises, such as lifting light weights, stair climbing, tai chi.
- Endurance exercises, such as walking and dancing.
- Flexibility exercises, such as tai chi, stretching and yoga.
- Choose activities you enjoy!
Tell your doctor or healthcare provider if you have had a fall.