Check Your Medication
Some medications increase your risk of falling – either on their own or when two or more are combined. As you age, the way some medications affect you can change and increase your risk of falling.
- Have your doctor or pharmacist review all medications that you are taking every year.
- As you age, the way some medications affect you can chance and increase your risk of falling.
- Remember that medications include prescriptions, over-the-counter pills, vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Medications that relax you, help you sleep, or improve your mood can increase your risk of falling.
- Alcohol affects medications - be careful.
Tell your doctor or healthcare provider if you have had a fall.
Ontario MedsCheck program: To learn more about MedsCheck talk to your Pharmacist or contact INFOline 1-866-255-6701 or TTY 1-800-387-5599